Change time and timezone

BlueCola

Verified User
The time on my VPS isn't properly configured. When I run the command "date", I get the following:

Code:
$ date
Tue Jan 31 00:48:42 UTC 2012

I want the timezone to be Amsterdam/Netherlands (GMT +1). Also the clock is 5 minutes ahead, which is kinda strange (when I executed the date command, it was 01:43:42). So I symlinked /etc/localtime to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Amsterdam, by executing

Code:
ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Amsterdam /etc/localtime

But it didn't worked. The time is still UTC, and 1 hour (and 5 minutes) less than it should be. Also, I don't have the file /etc/sysconfig/clock, which is kinda strange to.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Hello,

You should consult with your hosting company, from which you buy VPS. The issue has nothing to do with directadmin and might depends on your virtualization type.

The time on my VPS isn't properly configured. When I run the command "date", I get the following:

Code:
$ date
Tue Jan 31 00:48:42 UTC 2012

I want the timezone to be Amsterdam/Netherlands (GMT +1). Also the clock is 5 minutes ahead, which is kinda strange (when I executed the date command, it was 01:43:42). So I symlinked /etc/localtime to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Amsterdam, by executing

Code:
ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Amsterdam /etc/localtime

But it didn't worked. The time is still UTC, and 1 hour (and 5 minutes) less than it should be. Also, I don't have the file /etc/sysconfig/clock, which is kinda strange to.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Please try this:
Check date:
Code:
>date
Set date:
Code:
>date nnddhhmm[[cc]yy][.ss]

View Hardware date time:
Code:
>hwclock --show
Set hardware clock date + time: