New GD 2.0.28 with gif support

PauGasol

Verified User
HI,

Would be great include this update in the custom script apache of directamin, some clients are requesting this new feature . Anyway i will update manually to this version.

http://www.boutell.com/gd/

Last edited:
OK,

I made it,

Simple download the last version of gd in the customscript directory :

wget http://www.boutell.com/gd/http/gd-2.0.28.tar.gz

Edit the build file and replace the gd version (in two lines) , and ./build php and reconfigure GD.

the phpinfo alredy shows 2.0.23 ? why, i had 2.0.25 and now 2.0.28 but the phpinfo always show this version.

do you need to untar the file, or will the build script do it for you?

And what exactly do you have to configure for GD?

While you are at it, libpng should be updated. They just released an update plugging a buffer overflow problem.

toml said:
While you are at it, libpng should be updated. They just released an update plugging a buffer overflow problem.

heh, what's the best way for this? heh

The best way is to download the latest libpng, I believe it is 1.2.6RC1 and change the version number for PNG_VER in the build. Make sure that it is a tar.gz file and not a tar.bz2 file, you just bzip2 -d the file the gzip it to get it in the right format. Then just do a build all.

tribal-dolphin said:
./build php is'nt necessary !
You can do ./build gd and ./build libpng to update GD and LibPNG.

Yeah, but the phpinfo alredy shown :

"gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.23 compatible)
GIF Read Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled "

when i have 2.0.28! and the gif support and more not works, seems to be the custom script not works with this .. any help thanks?

tribal-dolphin said:
Heve you configure GD ?

If you refer manual ./configure and make install yes, the binaries are ok in /usr/local/bin if i put "./gdlib --version" shown 2.0.28, in the /usr/local/lib are the latests lib. The php are compiled againt usr/local/lib but nothing the phpinfo always show : 2.0.23 and the new funtions of gd not works, seeems the 2.0.23 exits.. in the php make i saw compiling one gd in /php/etc/gd ..

Any help? Thanks

There's a step that many people, including me, always forget. Don't make fun of me if it's not that, but it happens more that you think.

Did you restart Apache?

interfasys said:
There's a step that many people, including me, always forget. Don't make fun of me if it's not that, but it happens more that you think.

Did you restart Apache?

Yes, I restart apache always.

Thanks

I tried it and sure enough, still says 2.0.23 in the phpinfo....

actually, it just says 2.0.23 compatible... so is that not really mean the current version?

Last edited:
As far as I can see it is using the gd lib that is packaged with PHP. rather than the independant gd-2.0.28

if people have a test server try moving the ext/gd directory some where else and see if it still compiles.

Last edited:
interfasys said:
Why don't you try to write a small php script that echoes gd's version?

I don't exactly know php... could you provide an example?

I just had a look. It's not possible to easily retrieve the version. PHP stays vague.

But I noticed that my php_info tells me that I have GIF read/write. Is it the same for you? Was it the case before also?

Back