PHP 5.3.10, Custombuild and mail-header-patch

ditto

Verified User
I am running PHP 5.3.10, today I notice this message when doing ./build versions in custombuild:

Code:
[root@server custombuild]# ./build versions
mail-header-patch=yes is set in the options.conf, but is not required with this
php version.
To enable the X-Mail header, set mail.add_x_header to 1 in your php.ini

However, it says that I should set mail.add_x_header to 1 in php.ini, but in usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini I have this:

Code:
; Add X-PHP-Originating-Script: that will include uid of the script followed by the filename
mail.add_x_header = On

So, when I remove mail-header-patch=yes in the options.conf, should I then change anything, or is On in php.ini the correct? It says in custombuild to set it to 1, so I am confused?

Should it be 1 or On or Off?

Also I don't think I need to recompile PHP after this change, is that correct?

I've got the same question, can someone answer this question?

Hello,

I recently added that code to custombuild just to clarify that the patch does not exist for php 5.3+.
It's a php.ini setting now, compiled into php by default, thus no patch is needed.

Custombuild does not check the php.ini for the option.
The comment is just to clairfy that the patch is set to be "on" in the options.conf, but no patch is being added.

Setting it to "no" will prevent the error. Then just enable it in the php.ini manually:
Code:
./build set mail-header-patch no
we may be able to automatically enable it as a default php.ini option for 5.3+ in CB.

John

I have the same message but to be sure i ask the following question('s):
I need to run:
Code:
./build set mail-header-patch no

and THEN i need to add this to php.ini:
Code:
; Add X-PHP-Originating-Script: that will include uid of the script followed by the filename
mail.add_x_header = On

I don't have this right now in my php.ini, i mean i did a search for "mail.add_x_header" but no such thing is written in my php.ini
Perhaps I want this disabled so users who receive the email don't know what kind of script I use? In my case I now see when my server/website send a mail i see:
Code:
X-Mailer: Pressflow
So it's already enabled?

Back