New License and Expiration dates

andyl

Verified User
I'm approaching my first monthly renewal for DA. Over the past couple of nights I've gotten messages that a new license has been downloaded, but from the licensing/updates link, I only see the old license.

I did see on site-helper.com that "Manual updates (both software and license) are required when DirectAdmin is configured to be accessed through SSL (e.g. https://domain:2222)" - which is what I'm using - however, clicking the manual "Update License" link does not seem to update the license.

Is this normal behavior?

thanks,
andy

Well, now that the license has expired, I'm getting:

Subject: *** An error has occurred while trying to update the license file *** Today at 20:53
This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the license file.
The generated message is as follows:

New License is invalid: Unable to read the contents of the license

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

...but the DA control panel is still working. For now.

andy

The message is asking you to contact DA staff. This forum is NOT an official way to do that.

i suggest you contact the DA support team via email or their website; they read their email a lot more often than they read these forums.

Jeff

jlasman said:
The message is asking you to contact DA staff. This forum is NOT an official way to do that.

i suggest you contact the DA support team via email or their website; they read their email a lot more often than they read these forums.

Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion - I actually emailed DA support before I posted the first message, and they got back to me several hours later.

For anyone else that might run into the same issue at some later point, this was the result of a delay with myPaySystems. DA has a five-day grace period built into the control panel to handle situations like this.

Andy

Back