Can DirectAdmin support Fedora2?

rainfile

Verified User
I just see the requirement, I found it only support Fedora core 1, can it support core2?

Also, I found it only support for apahce 1.3X version, is it mean that it cant support for apache 2.xx version?

Thanks for your help!

rainfile said:
]I just see the requirement, I found it only support Fedora core 1, can it support core2?
Search for "Core 2" (without the quotes) in the forum archives; I believe it supports Core 2 without a problem.
Also, I found it only support for apahce 1.3X version, is it mean that it cant support for apache 2.xx version?
DA does NOT support Apache 2.

If it finds Apache 2 on your server it will remove it before it installs 1.3x.

Jeff

To my knowledge DA will work with core2 although I haven't tried it personally. Search the forums for "Fedora" to get an overview on whether its stable or not and what problems others are experiencing running DA on it.

Hello,

We have been running DA on Fedora Core 2 for about a month now without any problems. The only problems that we ran into was getting it to install properly. Once we figured out what was wrong, it was smooth sailing from then.

Hi quackweb,

I'm thinking about installing DA on Fedora 2 too so just thought I'd ask you if it has been working for you. Also, do you have any notes on installation you can share with me?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Once DA is installed on Fedora2, there are no problems. The only difficulty you will have is getting apache to run properly for you. Sometimes you will not have difficulties for one reason or another but if you are having problems, follow these steps:

Download this file to a temporary location and install it:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/fedora_2/gcc.tar.gz

Even if you already have gcc installed and your system says it is working fine and up to date, it is not! Download and install that file and you will save yourself a huge headache. I haven't tried doing that before installing DA yet so I'm not sure what the results would be if you did. We usually install it AFTER DA but there should be no reason why you can't install it before DA.

Now if you decide to install it after DA like us, you will need the following steps as well. From the SSH line, enter the following

cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
./build clean
./build all

If you are having any difficulty please reply to this post and I will assist you :D

Hello quackweb,

Thank you very much for your tips. I surely appreciate it.
I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Thanks again,
Tom

Back