webapps_updates cron error

stars

Verified User
Today I had problems with phpmyadmin been wiped from my server because of custombuild cron webapps update error.

In options.conf I had:

downloadserver=files6.directadmin.com
cron=yes
webapps_updates=yes

Unfortunatelly today server files6.directadmin.com was down which caused problems with phpmyadmin update:

/etc/cron.daily/custombuild:

[1mUpdating phpMyAdmin. (B [m

[1m*** MD5 Checksum for /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz Failed. Redownloading...*** (B [m

--2012-05-07 04:02:38-- http://files6.directadmin.com/services/all/phpMyAdmin/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz
Resolving files6.directadmin.com... 62.148.181.110, 2001:16e8:1:4:62:148:181:110 Connecting to files6.directadmin.com|62.148.181.110|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
2012-05-07 04:02:38 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.

[1m*** MD5 Checksum for /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz failed *again*.*** (B [m The md5 checksum value may be incorrect, or a wrong file is being downloaded.
Install continuing with this possibly corrupted file. (it may also be fine)

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/bin/tar: Child returned status 1
/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
cp: cannot stat `/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/config.sample.inc.php': No such file or directory Can't open /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/config.inc.php: No such file or directory.
Can't open /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/config.inc.php: No such file or directory.
chmod: cannot access `/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/scripts': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/setup': No such file or directory phpMyAdmin 3.5.1-all-languages installation is done.

In my opinion when there is problem with md5 hash custombuild should stop automatic webapp update and leave it to manual update. Install continuing with this possibly corrupted file. (it may also be fine) is not safe!

Custombuild removed old phpmyadmin and tried to install corrupted one with no success leaving me with no phpmyadmin at all.

This should be fixed.

I confirm the bug, my phpmyadmin was removed on manual upgrade of it, and a new version failed to get installed as a mirror which I'm using had no new phpmyadmin distributive.

So I had to download it from files.directadmin.com and then only installation completed successfully.

Glad you also noticed.
But I reported this problem already in februari this year in the release thread of 3.4.10.1:
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42921&p=217608#post217608

Both files are (old and new) present in my custombuild directory.
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5.7M Apr 8 05:00 phpMyAdmin-3.5.0-all-languages.tar.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5.7M May 3 18:40 phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz

How do I fix it now so the new version will get installed?

As far as i did read yesterday files6 was offline or not well synced.

I suggest you to use files or files1 or re-run the fast server check.

Regards

@sellerone: Last night, files6 was fine again. I ran the test for the fastest server and files6 came up as fastest again.
I tried downloading from files1.directadmin.com but it gave me the same error on building phpmyadmin.

Looking again now:
Fastest server is files6.directadmin.com at 1929379 B/s
Changed downloadserver option from files6.directadmin.com to files6.directadmin.com

I normally do it the same way Stars wrote.
Here we go:
Saving to: `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz'

100%[==========================================================================================>] 5,944,741 9.60M/s in 0.6s

2012-05-08 14:17:41 (9.60 MB/s) - `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz' saved [5944741/5944741]

chmod: cannot access `/var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages/scripts': No such file or directory
phpMyAdmin 3.5.1-all-languages installation is done.

It keeps being annoying that there is no scripts directory. So if there isn't, it isn't in the tarball.

Same when I use the one from files1.directadmin.com:
Updating phpMyAdmin.
--2012-05-08 14:22:14-- http://files1.directadmin.com/services/all/phpMyAdmin/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz
Resolving files1.directadmin.com... 216.144.254.90
Connecting to files1.directadmin.com|216.144.254.90|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 5944741 (5.7M) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz'

100%[==========================================================================================>] 5,944,741 2.17M/s in 2.6s

2012-05-08 14:22:17 (2.17 MB/s) - `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/phpMyAdmin-3.5.1-all-languages.tar.gz' saved [5944741/5944741]

phpMyAdmin 3.5.1-all-languages installation is done.

It worked now, but only because I created a /scripts directory in there myself. So the tarball is not complete on all servers, it's missing a /scripts directory.

Last edited:
I dont have that directory aswell, but, my phpmyadmin is working correctly with that error aswell.

Also ive checked build file and this is the related:
Code:
        chmod 000 ${REALPATH}/scripts
        chmod 000 ${REALPATH}/setup
it just remove permissions to that directory, so, if it doesnt exist is the same.

Regards

I cleared all directory's of phpmyadmin in /var/www/html so I don't understand why it isn't created then.

However, I don't like build with errors. So I rather fix such things if possible.;)

Well, as you sayd probably the zipped file is missing that directory, but is not such a big error :)

I think for now you can just ignore it till DA Staff notice this post or the error ;)

Regards

I have added './build set_fastest >/dev/null 2>&1' to /etc/cron.daily/custombuild, so it first checks for the fastest server.
This seems to handle problems with a server quite well.
The first couple of lines:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set_fastest >/dev/null 2>&1
./build update >/dev/null 2>&1
AVAIL_UPDATES="`./build versions_nobold | grep -c -e 'update is available.'`"

I guess you might want to try

Code:
./build set_fastest_quiet

instead of

Code:
./build set_fastest

But of course both variants are possible.

Back