Directadmin 1.41.0 - Release Candidate 1

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.41.0 release candidate 1 is now ready for testing.
There are many new features and fixes in this release.

The full list of changes can be found here:
http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.410000

1. Login Keys in Packages and Skins *Manditory skin changes*
  2. Ability to set Cronjob Email
  3. Local Mail column in DNS Admin
  4. AJAX in a few areas of the skins. Just testing for now.
  5. Changes for apache 2.4
  6. Ability to skip database contents in backup, but include databse settings.
  7. Ability to reset today's email send count, to allow more sends
  8. Better transparent icons in the FileManager
  9. Ability to supress the BFM notices but still block IPs.
  10. Suspend Date
  11. ftp added to secure_access_group
  12. Timezone offset for Filemanager
  13. Added pure-ftpd to brute_filter.list
  14. Reset count to 0 when IP is unblocked
  15. subdomain owner check to allow sub.sub.domain.com if sub.domain.com already exists

Plus many other changes. See the full list for more info.

More features may be added before the stable version of 1.41.0 is released.

To install this release candidate now, use this guide:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

John

Why somebody would use hostname as domain? Isn't that considered as bad practice?

For some related single-host service as mrtg i use to use it, i dont think should be a bad practice, dont see any error on it except that for let it work you need a workaround.

I did in my server since 5 years and at now never had a single related problem honestly

Regards

Hello
There is no update!
I have other work to be done?

Code:
Latest version of DirectAdmin: 1.40.3
Installed version of DirectAdmin: 1.40.3

Hello,

@abolfazl201358: That's normal. Just check the compile date:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
./directadmin o

@SeLLeRoNe: I'm not sure about making it default, but we also use the simple workaround for www.jbmc-software.com:
1 - Ensure your hostname is set to a normal hostname type value. (server.domain.com)
2 - Create the domain you want: domain.com
3 - Set the hostname in DA: Admin Level -> Admin Settings -> hostname = domain.com
4 - Fix the mail settings:
Code:
cd /etc/virtual/domain.com
rm -rf *
And remove domain.com from /etc/virtual/domainowners.

You won't be able to do anything mail-related with it, but most other things should work ok.

John

Thanks John
Date
This is not to update or long?
Code:
[root@server ~]# cd /usr/local/directadmin
[root@server directadmin]# ./directadmin o
Compiled on 'CentOS 5.0'
Compile time: Feb  3 2012 at 09:14:33
Compiled with IPv6
[root@server directadmin]#

Yep John but that way every other use you create will have email server-username@domain not working

The workaround that work better for solve this (the unroteable address issue aswell) is create automatically forwarders for new users to poin to the email selected in user creation so server-username@domain will default be a forward

Regards

but that way every other use you create will have email server-username@domain not working
As long as these criteria are met for email, the rest doesn't matter:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=16

Note, unless I made a mistake, my quick how-to essentially reverts the normal email domain to the exact same state that the hostnames are in... so as long as /etc/virtual/hostdomain.com/* is empty, and hostdomain.com is not in the domainowners file, that's exactly how the hostname usually works.
[email protected] should work fine.. as that's the standard mailing address for cronjobs, etc... (it's usually [email protected], but exim doesn't care if it's a subdomain or not, just as long as the rules are satisfied.)
System account names are not listed anywhere, if that's what you're getting at. They just magically work as a fallback on the hostname (I believe it uses the "localuser" exim director).

This is getting a bit off topic for the 1.41.0 release thread.

John

Maybe an idea to remove PHP Safemode (CMD_PHP_SAFE_MODE) under Extra Features since PHP 5.3 removed the function safemode?

I'm enjoying the new features in RC1, especially the AJAX used under Admin/Reseller > Change Password. When this is fully employed for text input around the DA interface it will be it quicker to populate a given field with the correct domain, username, etc.

Also, the stylish new file/folder icons in File Manager really do add a new shine to the interface. :)

Many thanks,
Rick

Back