ls: cannot access nofile: No such file or directory
$ echo "hello" >> nofile
$ ls nofile
nofile
$ cat nofile
hello
$
Jeff

Is it recommended that everybody rewrite ips.conf by running this code? And what could it possible break?:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
echo "action=rewrite&value=ips" > data/task.queue && ./dataskq d200

It's not required, no.

You can run it if you want to see what happens (nothing, hopefully).

The feature is only applied if the file exists and has size greather than 0:
/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.ca

John

Hello,

Regarding the custombuild notification for going from 1.41.1 to 1.41.0, that would be to the versions.txt not being the latest versions.

Our files servers have a 24 hour window where they may not yet be updated, as rsync isn't instant. If you've updated DA through the interface (Admin Level -> Licenses/Updates), then if the versions.txt is still old, you'll get that message.

Solutions: wait longer, or use files1.directadmin.com as your downloadfileserver (options.conf setting).

If you notice a files server isn't updating, please let me know, as they should all be updated within 24 hours. Our master has last_update.txt file added by cronjob every day. You can check your files mirror to ensure the last the last_update.txt show a value within 24 hours. (it's not actually showing the time of the update, but rather that indeed a transfer did happen within a day of that date)

John

@John, since version 1.41 there is a Thumbs.db file in the enhanced skin at this path:

/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced/images/Thumbs.db

It would be nice if you could delete it in the next version. Thanks.

Edit: Also it would be nice if you in enhanced skin at this path:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced/user/db/db.html

If you in that path in db.html in line number 10 could change phpMyAdmin in the url to be phpmyadmin (only small letters). Current code in that line is:
Code:
<a target="_blank" href="|HTTP|://|HOSTNAME|/phpMyAdmin">|LANG_PMA|</a>

I have been doing that change manually every time I upgrade, and it would be nice to not have to do that. No big deal, but it would be nice. :)

Last edited:
Regarding the custombuild notification for going from 1.41.1 to 1.41.0, that would be to the versions.txt not being the latest versions.
So if I understand correctly, from the DA Adminpanel, the version new version will be displayed before the versions.txt?

Yes, if you've updated DA manually (via click) before the versions.txt has time to propagate, you'll see this message.
If you wait a day, then you won't, since the versions.txt would have been updated.

John

Well, I see the wrong version for DA in my cron email all the time - but I just noticed the cron script didn't have ./build update :O

Back