Video Tutorials

MaxPower

Verified User
Does anyone know of a good place to get video tutorials done for DirectAdmin..

www.DemoDemo.com used to to that, but DemoWolf.com purchased the company and does not offer the various skins DirectAdmin offer..

Always seems to be the way.. great small little companies that are customer driven and keep care of the customer, like Vito did.. R.I.P. bought up buy companies that just want to grow and lack service and product variety.

So if anyone has a suggestion.. it would be nice to hear.. I have Googled and can't find any company like DemoDemo.

What do you have to do.. open your own company??

You could certainly start your own company. I've found Rob at DemoWolf to be very responsive and I believes he does custom work.

Perhaps better questions would be:

How come companies that spend time developing products with little need can stay in business?

or

How come people build businesses just to make money by selling out.

My guess is that those various skins just don't result in enough sales to make the effort worthwhile.

Jeff

Just link your help section to some other sites videos ... haha

Just link your help section to some other sites videos ... haha

There is always a troll on a forum.. geeez..

I purchased my tutorial from DemoDemo.com for VancouverWebHosting.com

http://www.vancouverwebhosting.com/flash.php#siteadmin

DemoWolf bought DemoDemo.com out, and unfortunaltely Vito, the previous owner, has passed away according to Rob.

DemoWolf.com does not offer the Marina skin as a tutorial.. as a matter of fact I think he only offers 1 DA skin.

I am not bashing DemoWolf, Rob was kind enough to tell me what software to use to create my own tutorials.. of course I figured why not just start up my own service.. so I acquired DemoFlicks.com & .net... then I remembered.. I don't have time as it is.. so wtf.

I also noticed, with my video tutorials on VancouverWebHosting, people rarely watched them anyhow. So I am working on a better solution.

>>> I need the Marina skin for my new web site.. Rob said if he gets enough requests from members using DA, he will create them.. <<<

oh yeah, and nobaloney, $2000 to do it custom Marina tutorials..

Last edited:
Since I've never had a need for custom tutorials, I never asked Rob what he'd charge, so I didn't know. I'm not saying it's a lot of money, I'm not saying it's not. I am saying that it may very well be there's not enough call for them to make it worth it for him to do it to add to his line.

It's always a matter of money vs time, vs return on investment. As for me, I looked into making my own before deciding to pay for the DemoWolf monthly service. Hosting is not even our main business, so I can't honestly tell you I make a lot of money by having the tutorials; what I do have (and this is what makes it worth it for me) is a place to send people when they ask me questions I can't always answer.

I'd be happy to publish the links to my tutorials and let people link to them or point to them, but it's against Rob's terms of service, and I both respect and honor that, so I don't.

You wrote that Rob told you which software you could use to make the video tutorials yourself. If you do a time/cost/income analysis and it looks good, perhaps you could make arrangements with the gent who maintains Marina skins to create and sell tutorials for his skins. Perhaps you could hire someone to make them for you if it looks as if you could at least break even selling them.

You wrote:
I also noticed, with my video tutorials on VancouverWebHosting, people rarely watched them anyhow. So I am working on a better solution.
So it looks as if there may not be much need.

Perhaps the easiest way to resolve the problem is to offer your clients a choice of the DirectAdmin skin and the Marina Skin, and then note in your tutorial sections that your tutorials only support the DirectAdmin skin.

Jeff

Thank you for your time replying to my post Jeff.. and thank you for the advise, very much appreciated.

I have found some other companies.. for a while I thought DemoWolf was the only Hosting Tutorial company out there..

http://www.demoplaza.com seems have a nice selection, and at a good price..

Last edited:
Back