How can i accept payment from paypal without having paypal?

uberguru

Verified User
I need to accept payment from people who have paypal but i do not have paypal.
Anyone know how i can accept payment? by sending an invoice or something? just that i do not have paypal.

thanks.

@uberguru

You might want to check with https://www.2checkout.com/

@Petertjuh360
In some countries it is still not allowed to create PayPal accounts and accept payments.

i only need to accept payment just one-time and that is it
2 checkout wants some kind of complex application process and i need to get approved when i only need to send out 1 invoice and that is it

Maybe you should find somebody who you would enough trust so he/she could accept the payment for you. But there might occur an issue with a withdraw, as PayPal allows to withdraw only onto American Bank Account (though not sure about your location and country).

I believe that PayPal in different countries can pay out to those countries' banks, but obviously it's a country-by-country issue.

As far as getting someone else to do it for you; not a good idea for the person who helps you unless he's willing to take the loss in case of a dispute, without complaint, because if PayPal finds out you're doing it for somone else they will close your account and it can take a long time to get any money in it back.

Jeff

it can take a long time to get any money in it back.

Jeff

Why i don't understand why everyone is so addicted to it in the first place.
For anyone buying/selling anything online...a basic debit card is a great thing to have but have no idea why people live their lives off of paypal.

For many of us it' not an addiction. For many people in many countries you can get a PayPal account but you can't get a merchant account, which you need to accept credit cards.

Jeff

For many of us it' not an addiction. For many people in many countries you can get a PayPal account but you can't get a merchant account, which you need to accept credit cards.

Jeff

why can't people get paypal debit card then so they can pay to people without paypal?

why can't people get paypal debit card then so they can pay to people without paypal?
Because PayPal doesn't offer it in every country, and where they do offer it you can only get it if you have a Credit Card attached to your account (not a Debit Card).

Jeff

I've got no Credit Card, I've got only prepaid debit card attached to PayPal. What do I miss?

The problem occured in the US; perhaps not in other countries. When PayPal says you need to attach a Credit Card to your account (I forget the circumstances under which you need to do that; it's not required to be Verified but I do know it used to be required to get a PayPal Debit Card; perhaps not anymore, as it's been years since I've had my PayPal Debit Card) and you instead attach a Debit Card, they could close an account.

The reason I know this is that years ago I paid someone (an Australian national living in the US) using PayPal, and he had his account suspended for supplying a Debit Card instead when they asked him for a Credit Card.

PayPal acts differently in different countries.

Best is probably to check with PayPal support if unclear, when they ask for a Credit Card.

Jeff

Best is probably to check with PayPal support if unclear, when they ask for a Credit Card.

Jeff

Best is just to ignore that company in my own opinion.
When a company acts in an arrogant manner...its time to move on to an alternative.

You're welcome to use any payment service you'd like, I don't see any problem here...

Back