Need advice: CentOS 6 for new server?

saosangmo

Verified User
Hi,
I just buy one new server and want to use directadmin. But I feel the the DirectAdmin seem not ready on CentOS 6?

Some other softwares I also want to use: Nginx, MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.3 (with APC - cache opcode), APF.

Does anyone run on the same stack?

many thanks!

Hello,

Directadmin supports CentOS 6, and they are working completely fine together.

And yes, I mostly use the same:

NGINX (frontend) + Apache 2.2 (backend) + MySQL 5.5 + PHP 5.3 (suPHP, without APC)

By the way do you want to replace Apache with nginx? Or use nginx as a caching reverse proxy?

Thanks zEitEr for your reply!
Apache as backend means DA will use port 2222 and Nginx will use 80, 443, etc for end users?

And could you share with me the performance of this platform? I will run 2 sites (Joomla and Wordpress), about 300 Mb MySQL database for each. With 8Gb RAM, if it serves 3000 concurrent users?

many thanks

Apache as backend means DA will use port 2222 and Nginx will use 80, 443, etc for end users?

No, Directadmin is listening on :2222. Are you a Directadmin user by the way?
To understand what I mean you'd better search http://www.google.com/search?q=apache backend nginx frontend

And could you share with me the performance of this platform?

Nothing to share, as hardware specs differ.

I will run 2 sites (Joomla and Wordpress), about 300 Mb MySQL database for each. With 8Gb RAM, if it serves 3000 concurrent users?

I depends. I don't know your details, so I can't tell you anything. Are you sure that you've got 3000 concurrent users? Or it's daily unique visits?

Back