Errordocument Question

plugin

Verified User
Hello, ive seen here loads of threads containing problems with ErrorDocuments, but my problem isnt fixed yet. My apache knows i use a different ownmade page, but it cant find it on my server and then i get an 404 again :(

What i tried:

ErrorDocument 404 /var/www/errors/404.html
ErrorDocument 404 /var/www/html/errordocs/404.html
ErrorDocument 404 /home/admin/domains/errordocs/404.html
ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/404.html (actually /var/www/html/errordocs)
ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/404.html (with an alias errordocs to the real folder)

All doesnt work. I did move the files every try ofcourse. The working version:

ErrorDocument 404 http://my.ip/errordocs/404.html

I dont get whats the big problem in here. I have been already busy like 8 hours now on this problem, i want it includes from localhost by /path/to/the/folder ... the folder where the errordocs are have to be '/var/www/html/errordocs/'

Whats the solution for this problem?

The Following is in my Config

Code:
ErrorDocument 400 /400.shtml
ErrorDocument 401 /401.shtml
ErrorDocument 403 /403.shtml
ErrorDocument 404 /404.shtml
ErrorDocument 500 /500.shtml

Which reads it directly from the /home/username/domains/domain/public_html directory

So since the link shows as /400.shtml I assume that it thinks its in the user directory.
Try something like this:

Code:
ErrorDocument 400 ../../../../../../var/www/html/errors/400.shtml
And put your 400.shtml in the /var/www/html/errors directory.
I haven't tested it though.

Thats a good one, havent thought of that yet. But tried it from 1 to 8 folders with '..' and still not working. Isnt there a way so i can see where apache is browsing, that would be a lot easier..

The error log should contain the directory apache is trying to show the error pages from. Then you can work from there on why its not working.

Back