Help! Is there any free and stable dynamic DNS service?

johnsidner

Hi,everybody. I am running my PC as a webserver at home, so I need dynamic DNS service. I looked online, found some good ones but they are not free, and some requires logging within a certain period of time. Is anyone using a free and stable dynamic DNS service? Any advice is welcome!!

Why is logging in a problem if they give you a client to keep it updated. I have always used dyndns.org and it works fine.

It is France based
Doesn't look like it; see the link above for locations for free and premium services, and their About (cloudns.net) page.

Since this thread has nothing to do with running DNS on DirectAdmin servers it's been moved to our Off-Topic subforum.

Jeff

Doesn't look like it; see the link above for locations for free and premium services, and their About (cloudns.net) page.

Since this thread has nothing to do with running DNS on DirectAdmin servers it's been moved to our Off-Topic subforum.

Jeff

Sorry for the trouble. Thanks!

Thank you all for posting back, I found a post in the forum about a free service and checked it out. It is really good, the company is dynu.com. Their livechat helped with all my questions. I got a free client and their premium client allowed infinite subdomains.

Hi,

I use noip.
I've been using the free plan for a few years. Never had any problems.

Some routers even let you update the IP through the router control panel.
If not they have a desktop client that does that automatically called noip-duc.

Me.

Last edited:
Hey! Quickly wanna revive this post as IPv6 has changed the scene a bit. Just signed a new contract with my ISP and only got asigned an IPv6 my IPv4 cannot be reached publicly as I have dual stack lite https://forum.directadmin.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

You have any good suggestions for free IPv6 dynDNS services? I have tried https://desec.io/#!/en/

as they offer IPv6 and anoynmous registration but I could not get my router configuration right I think. Any ideas?

Back