Provide a forum for our customers

rapid

Hi All
I am brand new, my first post on this forum.

Will the DirectAdmin control panel have the capability of providing a forum for our customers like CPanel does?

If so any idea how soon?

Thanks
Patrick

Direct admin does not provide a forum at this moment but it does provide support calls.

If you need a forum, you can set one up yourself. VBB is a very good forum but it's not free. If you want a free forum I would go for phpbb.

Do you mean auto installers, or an actual built-in custom-forged forum? I think you mean auto installers, and if that be the case: no, unfortunately at this point in time DA does not offer auto installers.

Setting up a forum is very easy:

1. Create a mysql database, and keep the login information
2. upload the files of the forum
3. Run the install.php or something and enter the mysql login

I've been thinking about this, and I've got another solution for you.

You could use phpbb as you default forum and upload it to the skeleton directory. If you do that every user you create will automatically have /forum or something with all of the correct files.

The only thing you then need to do is create a mysql database and run setup.php.

When we get around to adding a script installer, we'll probably make a framework so that people can create script bundles and add them to a directory, and all users will have access to that script... havn't thought much past that at the momment.

John

S2S-Robert said:
I've been thinking about this, and I've got another solution for you.

You could use phpbb as you default forum and upload it to the skeleton directory. If you do that every user you create will automatically have /forum or something with all of the correct files.

The only thing you then need to do is create a mysql database and run setup.php.

I would not suggest doing that, every site you create the forum gets the files put there whether you want them or not, i doubt many people purchase hosting thinking they will have the account filled with a few scripts they dont want there :D

Back