Custombuild + CloudLinux + CageFS support

explosive

Verified User
Hi,

Martynas, maybe I'm wrong but isn't we need call "cagefsctl --force-update" after compiling stuff?
So after ./build php n CB should check cloudlinux=yes and if we have cageFS (cage it's not required in CL so we need check this or make second option: cagefs=yes) CB should run cagefsctl.

http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.html?cagefs.html

You have to run cagefsctl --update any time you have modified php.ini, or you want to get new / updated software inside CageFS

thanks
best regards

I havent install CageFS yet but i thought it was fully supported.

When I was testing CL a while back I remember this issue as well. Though it's a minor thing it should probably be added to custombuild.

No, it isn't (not "out of the box"). There are some issues.

Well have you posted on the CL forum? It states in their docs its supported which i assumed it was but bugs are a different story.

cagefs=yes/no option has been added to CB 1.1.42, 1.2.38 and latest version of CB 2.0 (they're not yet uploaded to DA servers).

Ok, some fresh news: I got response from the CL stuff and now I have working custom php.ini
It's look like CustomBuild need more updates to work with cageFS.

Here is solution: http://docs.cloudlinux.com/index.html?custom__etc_direcotry.html

So if cagefs=yes then instead of:

Code:
FCGIWrapper "/usr/local/safe-bin/fcgid54.sh /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/$user/php/$domain.ini" .php

we need this

Code:
FCGIWrapper "/usr/local/safe-bin/fcgid54.sh /etc/$domain.ini" .php

Later copy $domain.ini to /etc/cagefs/custom.etc/$user/$domain.ini and run cagefsctl --update-etc

cagefs=yes/no option has been added to CB 1.1.42, 1.2.38 and latest version of CB 2.0 (they're not yet uploaded to DA servers).

It have some bugs:

1. Running cagefsctl every time, even if it's non needed. example:

Code:
./build versions
If you want to update all the available versions run: ./build update_versions
CageFS: Executing 'cagefsctl --force-update'...

2. Running cagefsctl AFTER restarting fresh updated software. example:

Code:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/clamav-0.97.8'
Restarting freshclam.
Shutting down freshclam:                                   [  OK  ]
Starting freshclam:                                        [  OK  ]
Restarting clamd.
Shutting down clamd:                                       [  OK  ]
Starting clamd:                                            [  OK  ]
Restarting exim.
Shutting down exim:
Starting exim:
Done ClamAV.
[B]CageFS: Executing 'cagefsctl --force-update'...[/B]
[B]Copying /usr/include/clamav.h to /usr/share/cagefs-skeleton/usr/include/clamav.h[/B]
so in this example ClamAV was running with OLD libraries! This can cause problems!
So FIRST we need run cagefsctl for UPDATE new soft, and THEN restart soft in new versions.

Please try it with the latest version of the CustomBuild script. Thank you.

Back