Nginx update?

password

Verified User
Hello

I'm new to nginx so forgive me for the stupid questions.
I run custombuild 2 with nginx. I get update warnings through the cron each day saying that there's an update for nginx.

Code:
Nginx build: line 9485:  to 1.2.7 update is available.

I run:
Code:
./build update
./build all d

Still i get the same message each day.

Another thing. I have multiple accounts running Wordpress on this server. In order to get it to work with nginx i had to add rules to each users nginx.conf. When i run "./build all d" these config files are overwritten and this makes the Wordpress sites non-functional.

How can i get around this? Can i modify the "template" for the users nginx.conf or, can i add these rules for all users in the main nginx.conf file? I would rather not update 15-20 configs each time i have to update system software. Will the "main nginx.conf" effect and override the users nginx.conf files?

Please post the output of:
Code:
/usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -v 2>&1 | cut -d'/' -f2

About the nginx.conf issue, for now you should use "chattr +i nginx.conf" if you wouldn't like it to be replaced by DA. In the future there should be a feature in DA to customize nginx.conf.

Code:
$ /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -v 2>&1 | cut -d'/' -f2
$ usr

Thank you for the chattr tip. Can i make changes to /etc/nginx/nginx.conf that will effect all users? If i add the wordpress rules there, will they apply to all users?

Also, i found that /etc/nginx/directadmin-vhosts.conf seems to add duplicate includes for each user that has multiple domains on their account?

Please post:
Code:
/usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -v

No, /etc/nginx/nginx.conf won't apply for all users, there are no global settings in nginx like we have in apache (e.g. you cannot have an alias in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf that would work for all domains, you would need to have an alias set in every server block (virtualhost) for that). directadmin-vhosts.conf will be checked on a testbox to see if we are able to reproduce the issue. Thank you.

Code:
Nginx build: line 9485:  to 1.2.7 update is available.

Code:
$ /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx -v 2>&1 | cut -d'/' -f2
$ usr

Code:
$ usr

Same situation on my OpenVZ VPS.

Code:
-bash: /usr/local/nginx/sbin/nginx: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu

"Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu" - mean no that file or folder

Hello,

Thanks for the report.
Looks like it should be /usr/sbin/nginx.. I've updated CB 2.0 on files1.

As for the multiple entries, I've found the cause to be the ; character at the end of the line.
The sscanf used did account for it, but for whatever reason, sscanf was still adding into the string, so the full line didn't match correctly.
Details aside, found and fixed. I'll likely upload the pre-release binaries later tonight.. just double check the time-stamps from the "./directadmin o" output.

John

Now is
Code:
Nginx build: line 9487:  to 1.2.7 update is available.

Code:
/usr/sbin/nginx -v
give me:
Code:
nginx version: nginx/1.2.7

Hello,

Thanks for the info. Looks like the svn data didn't get downloaded.. I've confirmed it has now, and re-packed.
Try ./build update again.. and confirm you're using files1.directadmin.com.

I get:
Code:
Latest version of Nginx: 1.2.7
Installed version of Nginx: 1.2.7
John

Using files1.directadmin.com doing "build update" and "build all d":

Code:
$ /usr/sbin/nginx -v
$ nginx version: nginx/1.2.7

So my problem is probably solved =) Thanks guys!

Back