How do you create a forum on your website?

phil_bj

with subforums, moderators and everything else? probably simple but
buggered if i could find it in directadmin panel....alll thoughts most appreciated!

its not available as plugin for DA
well it is, as addon with installatron

If you want it for free, try www.phpbb.com, and follow install instructions

That's because sander815 made the comma part of the link.

The www.phpbb.com works fine; it's the comma after it causing the problem.

Jeff

Tried that, goes to advertising in English plus "First Time User" info in English, but not an installed site in English :confused:

phpbb2 is quite good and you can install via installatron if you don't know how.

VBulletin is probably the best forum software on the market at the moment and is well worth every penny.

Keep away from YabbSE and some of the other less commonly used boards. They are prone to security issues.

need help

first of all hi all this is my first post and unlucky for you its a request for help lol. Anyway i downloaded the free forum software phpBB2 and uploaded it to my site. Now as far as I know I have set it all up properly in the install.php file. When i install i need to upload the config file and it does this and every thing seems good, it even writes the info to the database. But when i try to view the index.php page for the forum it takes me back to the install.php file??? Does anybody know whats wrong??
Thanks all for anyhelp.
Regards from theN.H.T. group.

Well, I may not know enough about Directadmin to help out much on this forum, but I have installed phpBB on a plethora of sites.

Are you sure it properly wrote to config.php? Download it from your server and check if the database login info was saved correctly.

Also, IIRC, you need to delete any install files (install.php as well as the /install and contrib/ directories) before the forum will become active.

This is a common problem, after you upload the new config, the installation never actually writes the configuration.
Two options, manually edit the config file and enter your mysql details there -OR- empty the database of all information, chmod the config file to 777 and then rerun the installation and it should work for you.

Back