PHP-FPM And Timeout

CheGuevara

Verified User
Hi everyone,

Been trying to figure this one out myself, but it's just not happening. Decided to switch to php-fpm, all is good and well, but I got scripts that need to run for some time, yet there's a timeout limit somewhere thats set to 30 seconds, but I can't figure out where??

script '.../index.php' (request: "GET /index.php") execution timed out (38.710172 sec), terminating is in log file.

Any idea?

It is request_terminate_timeout setting in /usr/local/php5?/etc/php-fpm.conf. Don't forget to restart the php-fpm service after the changes.

It is request_terminate_timeout setting in /usr/local/php5?/etc/php-fpm.conf. Don't forget to restart the php-fpm service after the changes.

Thanks, but I wish it was that simple

request_terminate_timeout = 0s (which is disabled, according to docs)
request_terminate_timeout = 3000 didn't work either.

Been trying to figure this one out myself, but it's just not happening. Decided to switch to php-fpm, all is good and well, but I got scripts that need to run for some time, yet there's a timeout limit somewhere thats set to 30 seconds, but I can't figure out where??

Are you using NGINX or Apache?

Also you might want to use ignore_user_abort() if you need your PHP script to be running regardless of a closed/dropped connection.

Related: http://php.net/manual/en/function.ignore-user-abort.php

Back