Easy way to install DA?

rainfile

Verified User
I planning to buy DA, but i want to know the instattion first, i have a few question to ask.

1.i see this site to run setup.sh, but i want to know if I install a Fedora Core 2. Is it I do not need to install apache/squirewall/mtrg ?

2. After download the setup.sh , is it the tar.gz package included mtrg/apache or php mysql?

3. When i finished install the DA, it is need to configure mtrg/phpmyadmin package? or the setup.sh is configed for me

4. Can I known when i install Fedora 2, which package i need to install, which package i no need to install?(Since I do not want have a conflict and dependances problems)

Thanks

rainfile said:
1.i see this site to run setup.sh, but i want to know if I install a Fedora Core 2. Is it I do not need to install apache/squirewall/mtrg ?
I believe you meant squirellmail and mrtg; if not, then please clarify.

You should not install either apache or squirrelmail. If you want mrtg, you should install it; it's NOT part of the DA install. But you probably won't be able to use it from RPMs, since the RPMs may be dependent on the apache RPMs, and DA doesn't install apache from RPMs.
2. After download the setup.sh , is it the tar.gz package included mtrg/apache or php mysql?
DA's setup will install apache, php, mysql. It will NOT install mrtg.
3. When i finished install the DA, it is need to configure mtrg/phpmyadmin package? or the setup.sh is configed for me
Again, if you're writing about mrtg, you'll need to install it yourself, probably from source.
4. Can I known when i install Fedora 2, which package i need to install, which package i no need to install?(Since I do not want have a conflict and dependances problems)
DA generally says to do a complete server install.

We install WBEL (similar to RHEL) and we install the server package.

You will need the development system as well.

Jeff

Re: Re: Easy way to install DA?

DA generally says to do a complete server install.

We install WBEL (similar to RHEL) and we install the server package.

You will need the development system as well.

Jeff [/B]

Thanks for you reply

1. But what's the meaning of WBEL?
2. RHEL means Redhat enterprise ???

3. That's mean the spamassassin also need to install by itself, is it?

Re: Re: Re: Easy way to install DA?

rainfile said:
1. But what's the meaning of WBEL?
White Box Enterprise Linux, available here.

Search these forums for more information on compatibility between DA and WBEL.
2. RHEL means Redhat enterprise ???
Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
3. That's mean the spamassassin also need to install by itself, is it?
SpamAssassin is installed with DA, but you must turn it on my uncommenting certain lines in the /etc/exim.conf file.

Jeff

Back