I am opening this thread to discuss the DA dir/file system/hierarchy

So far this is what i think

Code:
1.1 root
1.2 admin
     1.2.1 reseller1
          1.2.1.1 user1
               1.2.1.1.1 imap
               1.2.1.1.2 public_html(dir)(host files for the user1 website if exists)
               1.2.1.1.3 domains(dir)
                    1.2.1.1.3.1 user1-domain1(dir)
                         1.2.1.1.3.1.1 public_html(dir)(host files for the user1-domain1 website if exists)
                         1.2.1.1.3.1.2 private_html(dir)
                         1.2.1.1.3.1.3 public_ftp(dir)
                         1.2.1.1.3.1.4 logs(dir)
                         1.2.1.1.3.1.5 stats(dir)

1.2.1.1.3.N user1-domainN(dir)

1.2.1.N userN
     1.2.N resellerN
Now that is for the dir (folders)..i plan on having close to complete dir/file system which will include the files as well...the different configuration files and the dir locations.

Will be great to find out the whole system for easy troubleshooting and customization(if possible)
Please add to this if you can

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello,

What is it all about? And what is it for? Are you going to re-organize files and directories on your Directadmin powered server?

Note that the fileystem hierarchy for DirectAdmin does not place users under resellers. Users are built at the sysem level under /home and are only related to resellers through data files containing relationship information.

Jeff

Note that the fileystem hierarchy for DirectAdmin does not place users under resellers. Users are built at the sysem level under /home and are only related to resellers through data files containing relationship information.

Jeff

Ok will pay attention to that

Back