Using TinyDNS

byteware

Verified User
I'm using Tinydns on another server (with VegaDns web app). I really like tinydns and would like to find out how to have DA auto add / change entries in Tinydns.

AND

Is there docs to writing a plugin for DA?

AND

Is it possible to have DA call my DNS app instead of bind?

I have been searching and can't seem to find documentation of any Hooks in DA I can use.

Thank you,

Tim

byteware said:
I'm using Tinydns on another server (with VegaDns web app). I really like tinydns and would like to find out how to have DA auto add / change entries in Tinydns.

and

Is it possible to have DA call my DNS app instead of bind?[/quote]
DA adds a line to /etc/named.conf, to add a domain, and then writes (from a template) a DNS zone file at /var/named/zonename.db. Then it reloads the named, the BIND daemon, using the command at /etc/rc.d/init.d/named.

So what you'd have to do is rewrite the startup file at /etc/rc.d/init.d/named file to do what you want. For example, you could rewrite both start and stop to run TinyDNS, and reload to read the named.conf and zone files and do whatever conversions are necessary for TinyDNS, then reload TinyDNS (if it has a reload capability, or else restart it).

You couldn't make changes directly to any TinyDNS files, though, and have them show up in the DA control panel, unless you wrote code to do it in the other direction as well.

Jeff

Back