Ipv6 problem

Stormy

Hi,

I recently moved my directadmin installation to another provider. Only i have two problems with ipv6.

1. Ipv6 wont work on server start. I have to reboot ip6tables then it works?!
2. Sending email with ipv6 is not getting relayed i think i get 550 authentication required on client side
and server side:

2013-07-27 17:34:06 H=(computername) [-Ipv6ip-] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: authentication required

Any of you guys maybe got an idea how to fix this?:)

I mean at server restart ipv6 works. (I can ping it) But port 80,21 etc doens't work untill ip6tables restart

Did it work on server restart before the move?

A workaround would be to restart iptables as part of your restart script. If running CentOS, you should add the line ip6tables restart to the bottom of your rc.local script.

Jeff

Hello,

Sounds like the ip6tables firewall just needs to be shut off so it doesn't come up with a reboot.. eg:
Code:
chkconfig ip6tables off
such that it's not blocking anything.
I'm never actually used it before, but I'm assuming ip6tables is the IPv6 version of iptables.

John

Off, John? Or on? I've reread the thread and it appears to me it may need to be on.

Jeff

As I've not used it, I'm not 100% sure.. I do see what your'e saying though.
The simplest way of finding out would be to see if disabling it resolve it.. if not, then use "on" with chkconfig.

I'd be less clear on how turning on the firewall opens ports, but it's entirely possible.

John

Did it work on server restart before the move?

A workaround would be to restart iptables as part of your restart script. If running CentOS, you should add the line ip6tables restart to the bottom of your rc.local script.

Jeff

Aah that worked thanks!:) Added service ip6tables restart to rc.local

Still have the mail relay problem if i send mail through ipv6.
Ipv4 relay works. Any idea's?

Error: 550 authentication required

Glad that helped. I don't yet run IPv6, so I can't help you with IPv6 specific email issues.

Hopefully someone else can.

Jeff

Back