DirectAdmin problems ...

qwerev

Hello I have some problem with my Direct admin panel. One is that when I create a user in the system, the new email account are with the login "$user" but must be "$ user @ $ domain".
My other problem is that when I push the button to send an email with a new password generated, Direct Admin shows me an error message : Time Out

Any solutions or suggestions?
Thanks. :)

One is that when I create a user in the system, the new email account are with the login "$user" but must be "$ user @ $ domain".
That's standard behaviour. If you create a system account, then this system account is only "user" and not "[email protected]" if you want to use that account for email. We normally advise customers to make their own email account and forward the system account to it.
All other newly created email accounts will be in the [email protected] way.

Can't help you with the second problem though, sorry.
I presume you have email setup for the account and all dns settings are correctly and domain is synced by the dns servers?

As for sending email, your ISP might be blocking port 25 so you may need to use one of the alternate ports (587) or use ssl.

My other problem is that when I push the button to send an email with a new password generated, Direct Admin shows me an error message : Time Out
I'm presuming you mean the button to resend the Welcome email. If that's not correct, then please post a better explanation.

If your problem is when you try to resend the welcome email, then do you get the same error when you resend the welcome email without the password?

If resending the welcome email without the password works but resending it with a new random password doesn't work, then do random passwords work at all?

If random passwords don't work at all, then the problem may be that your installation is missing the command DirectAdmin uses to generate passwords. Let us know if this appears to be case; perhaps someone knows what 'nix command DirectAdmin uses to create passwords, but I don't. If no one else does, and if you reply that indeed that appears to be the problem perhaps DirectAdmin staff will respond.

Jeff

DirectAdmin problems...

I'm presuming you mean the button to resend the Welcome email. If that's not correct, then please post a better explanation.

If your problem is when you try to resend the welcome email, then do you get the same error when you resend the welcome email without the password?

If resending the welcome email without the password works but resending it with a new random password doesn't work, then do random passwords work at all?

If random passwords don't work at all, then the problem may be that your installation is missing the command DirectAdmin uses to generate passwords. Let us know if this appears to be case; perhaps someone knows what 'nix command DirectAdmin uses to create passwords, but I don't. If no one else does, and if you reply that indeed that appears to be the problem perhaps DirectAdmin staff will respond.

Jeff

Yes, the problem occurs when i re-send welcome message with or without option to generate new password .
This is the message displayed after this operation:
Code:
Your connection has timed out

Details

Either your request was invalid or the program hasn't completed your request.
Please notify the server admin

And to clarify this issue:
The problem does not exist when i create a new account.
In other side , i use custom build 2.0 installed on CentOS 6.4 (Final) 32bit (I tried to test on-recommended by DirectAdmin custombuild 1.2 ). No problem with the dns records.

As for the problem of email users:
User who created with a DA account are with the login "$ user" that can receive email messages at "$ user @ $ domain" but can not send. According to the two webmail clients (squirellmail and roundcube) , that $user is at locahost and can not be authorized.

How can fix it ?
Thank you everybody .

DirectAdmin problems...

I forgot to tell you, that when i give to resend a welcome message with an option to generate a new password, the user's password is change, but email is not sent and displayed this message...

Hello,

1) First thing is to check the logs to see if the program location was logged with the timeout:
/var/log/directadmin/error.log

2) Next, run DA in debug mode, and trigger the timeout again.. it may give us more info:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=293

John

DA Debug :

Code:
Sockets::handshake - begin
Sockets::handshake - end
/CMD_RESEND_EMAIL
 0: Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
 1: Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
 2: Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
 3: Connection: keep-alive
 4: Content-Length: 71
 5: Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
 6: Cookie: mailviewsplitterv=226; language=en; composesplitterv=248; identviewsplitter=266; session=NPvmHARmFeGrOTm07zKeCoYcSXByAuiVJbFYlhIyLZpi0Zg7W0lhnHJDnVAxNsQg
 7: Host: [my domain name]:2222
 8: Referer: http://[my domain name]:2222/CMD_SHOW_USER?user=[customer name]
 9: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Post string: user=[customer name]&email=[customer name]%40gmail.com%2C+admin%40[my domain name]&newpass=yes
Checking referer http://[my domain name]:2222/CMD_SHOW_USER?user=[customer name] to [my domain name]:2222
Referer check passed: [my domain name]=[my domain name] 2222/CMD_SHOW_U=2222
Command::doCommand(/CMD_RESEND_EMAIL)
Database::connect 0
Database::connect 0.5 - da_admin : [password]
Database::connect 1
Database::connect 5
Sockets::handshake - begin
Sockets::handshake - end

/var/log/directadmin/error.log :

Code:
2013:08:10-18:42:07: Timeout from from [client ip] : last flagged: getlock(./data/admin/ips/[server ip]) : finished

I cannot figure out where comes the problem.
Any idea about this problem ?

For security reasons i've rewrote the values in the two logs as : [server ip], [client ip], [password], [my domain name], [customer name]

it can be many things,
- your server connection
- you have firewall that block the packet
- "ifconfig" shows you dropped packages? or errors?

if you need help, please send me om

Back