spamassasin missing perl modules yet again (but with auto install)

soulshepard

Verified User
I am trying to install spamassasin on centos 6 with the new custom build and i try to automate this as i did with the previous builds. Unfortunatly i cannot get the perl dependencies to auto install as they are missing from the centos repo's (even the custom repo's)

i know the subject of missing perl modules has been explained on http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=36

to use either

Code:
yum -y install perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker perl-Digest-SHA perl-Net-DNS perl-NetAddr-IP perl-Archive-Tar perl-IO-Zlib perl-Digest-SHA perl-Mail-SPF perl-IP-Country perl-Razor2 perl-Net-Ident perl-IO-Socket-INET6 perl-IO-Socket-SSL perl-Mail-DKIM perl-DBI perl-Encode-Detect perl-HTML-Parser perl-HTML-Tagset perl-Time-HiRes perl-libwww-perl

or the cpan version

Code:
cpan -i Archive::Tar Digest::SHA Mail::SPF IP::Country Net::Ident IO::Socket::INET6 Compress::Zlib Mail::DKIM LWP::UserAgent HTTP::Date Encode::Detect ExtUtils::MakeMaker NetAddr::IP Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 Razor2::Client::Agent IO::Socket::SSL DBI

but i want to automate the instal. And the rpm's are simply not there and i do not want to add custom repo's with the change to update things that can be broken.. also i see not all of the missing rpm's are in the custom repo's so why bother.. ? as i was tempted just to download them..

so i look at cpan. but how to automate the configuration of cpan when it was never initialized?

i have read multiple things but it all comes down to make an init config and then wget and copy this file for each new server install..
a lot of effert for these few dependencies to be automaticly being resolved.

optional module missing: Mail::SPF
optional module missing: IP::Country
optional module missing: Razor2
optional module missing: Net::Ident
------------------------------------
No package perl-Mail-SPF available.
No package perl-IP-Country available.
No package perl-Razor2 available.
No package perl-Net-Ident available.

has anyone ran into this or solved it in another way?

as i see now and must assume that without these module spamassasin builds.. perhaps many more are running spamassasing without these?

Thanks in advance
Soul

Last edited:
it happend again,... i write something on the forum and find the solution.

so for the missing rpm modules i use cpan to install these
i had a hint somewere else on the forum (http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=38467&p=200576#post200576 thx sellerone) of the global config path. this file was missing on one of my new boxes

so i ran cpan once to make the config complete and then in the unattended version i use:

Code:
# initialize the Config.pm with a new copy /usr/share/perl5/CPAN/Config.pm
   /usr/bin/wget -O /usr/share/perl5/CPAN/Config.pm http://yourwebserver/somepathforyourfiles/perl5-CPAN-Config.pm
#if it was not set in the Origional Config.pm allow for auto dependencies 
   (echo y;echo o conf prerequisites_policy follow;echo o conf commit)|cpan
#execute the cpan module install
   PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT=1 cpan -i Mail::SPF IP::Country Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 Razor2::Client::Agent Net::Ident

Last edited:
Back