do not go up my server when ssh password change

eh3an

Verified User
hi every body;
Yestreen i'm try to connect with putty to ssh but my password is wrong! then i'm say this problem to my server boss and he is change password from vmware
now the server is pinging but my site and ssh don't come
have any Solution to fix this problem ?!
tnx all of Responder

I am guessing by what you are saying that someone ("server boss") changed your password and now you can't get in. I suggest you have them tell you what they changed it to, if you can't get in, there is nothing anyone here can do to fix anything.

sry , my english is poor , Likely i can't Transfer content , when i forget my ssh password i request password from my server admin! and he is change my password from vmware!
ok?

Again, without ssh access no one can really do much to help. If you had physical access to the VM there may be ways using a different VM to mount the filesystem and reset the password by hand, but that is the only way I can think of. If you still have DirectAdmin access to your server, you might be able to create a user and give that user ssh access. If you could do that and you don't have jailed ssh, you might be able to get in and do a but of hacking to get your password, but that is beyond any support you are going to be able to get here.

my friend ,my dedicated server admin has access to root and change password , but now my server has ping but when type my address and ip nothing load and error!

i'm fix this error :)
i'm connect to VM and command : service iptables stop
:)
tnx toml

Your firewall blocked your IP after you failed password checks multiple times.

Jeff

Back