2 php-fpm instances

MtK

Verified User
Hey,
I'm just trying a fresh installation with CB2.0 and I chose to have both PHP5.3 & PHP5.4 using PHP-FRM.

The installer is a bit confusing:
What mode should the default instance of PHP use? (mod_php/suphp/php-fpm/fastcgi): php-fpm
Would you like to have a second instance of PHP installed? (yes/no): yes
Please enter '5.3', '5.4' or '5.5':5.4
What mode should the this instance of PHP use? (mod_php/suphp/php-fpm/fastcgi): php-fpm
Would you like to have ionCube? (yes/no): yes
Would you like to have mod_ruid2? (yes/no): no
Would you like to have ionCube? (yes/no): yes
Would you like to have Zend Optimizer? (yes/no): yes

it's a bit confusing to see both question without a reference to 1st or 2nd instance.
I also think that mod_ruid2 should not be presented if php-fpm is chosen, but even if, show an instance reference...
(same thing for Zend)

and at the end:
Code:
# service php-fpm status
php-fpm: unrecognized service

You should use php-fpm53 and php-fpm54 instead of just php-fpm. Thank you for the report about 2 instances of the same question, that will be fixed soon.

You should use php-fpm53 and php-fpm54 instead of just php-fpm.
you mean in the installation question?
this should be pointed out (somehow).

also notice that the second instance's question is not formatted in the same way as the first.

Thank you for the report about 2 instances of the same question, that will be fixed soon.
no problem... :)

you mean in the installation question?
this should be pointed out (somehow).

No, that was the answer to your 2nd post. You cannot use "service php-fpm", because there is no way to detect which instance of PHP would you like to restart (5.3 or 5.4). You should use "service php-fpm53" instead of just "service php-fpm". To list all the start/stop scripts (php-fpm) use:
Code:
ls /etc/init.d | grep php-fpm

I just reinstalled with PHP5.3 only, so I can only see:
Code:
# ls /etc/init.d | grep php-fpm
php-fpm53

now I'm trying to add the second php5.4, so I changed the options.php, and there is some small bug:
Code:
# cat options.conf | grep php
#Default version of PHP is always php1_release. Possible values for php1/php2_release: 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, no. php1/php2_mode: mod_php, fastcgi, php-fpm or suphp)
php1_release=5.3
php2_release=5.4
php1_mode=php-fpm
php2_mode=php-fpm

Code:
# ./build versions
Please set a correct PHP mode (mode set for php2_release should be php-fpm, fastcgi, mod_php or suphp).

Code:
# ./build options
Please set a correct PHP mode (mode set for php2_release should be php-fpm, fastcgi, mod_php or suphp).

# ./build set php2_release 5.4
Changed php2_release option from 5.4 to 5.4
# ./build set php2_mode php-fpm
Changed php2_mode option from php-fpm to php-fpm

Last edited:
I found the cause:
Code:
#Cloudlinux settings
cloudlinux=no
cagefs=no
php2_release=no
php2_mode=php-fpm