pureftpd as default

MtK

Verified User
Hey,
why is pureftpd the default FTP and it cannot be replaced during setup?
the only option is to either stop the setup once the option.conf is created of have pureftp installed and then switch to proftpd (which leaves pureftpd installed and unused).

MtK

Last edited:
You can always uninstall it :).

If I recall correctly you can install a custom options.conf file before running setup.sh. Search for more information.

Jeff

You can always uninstall it :).

If I recall correctly you can install a custom options.conf file before running setup.sh. Search for more information.

Jeff
I'm saying, is setup.sh runs an attended installation (asking what do you want to install) it should also aslo about FTP, and maybe also offer you to "create your own option.conf" and not just backup the existing (which is asked even on a fresh installation)...

Hello,

During the install, it asks if you'd like to use the defaults.
If you select 'n', does it not ask you about proftpd or pureftpd?
If not, just let us know, it should be in the options.

John

I few months ago when I installed a new server (I installed directly with CB 2.0 by the way, and it was CentOS 6.x 64bit), and I selected "n", but it did not ask about proftpd or pureftpd, so I was getting pureftpd and had to change back to proftpd after the install was completed.

Hello,

During the install, it asks if you'd like to use the defaults.
If you select 'n', does it not ask you about proftpd or pureftpd?
If not, just let us know, it should be in the options.

John
those "defaults" you're talking about, just say: apache+php5.4 (CLI)
Code:
echo -n "Would you like the default settings of apache ${AP_VER}${RUID} and php ${PHP_V} ${PHP_T}? (y/n): ";
no mysql
no mail
no tools (phpmyadmin, webmail)
no ftp
nothing...

so since CB2.0 is still RC and we are testing... we choose 'n' and expect more (specific) questions... :)

btw, "ftp" (the string) is not even found in setup.php

Last edited:
Hi,

On my last install (a week ago), I saw that both proftpd and pure-ftpd where installed. Pure-ftpd was working, bur proftpd had log files telling that port 21 was already in use (from pure-ftpd).
I did two or three reinstalls, and the last one I did check before running setup.sh to make sure proftpd wasn't installed beforehand.

regards,
Stijn

@Mtk: You need to answer "n" (no) to the question "Would you like the default settings ...". Then you will get several more questions about MySQL versions, PHP versions etc. I did, a few months ago when I installed a new server with cb 2.0. But some questions are missing, like "pureftpd or proftpd".

Hello,

Martynas has just added the pure-ftp/proftpd option to the create_options section of CustomBuild 2.0.
I've updated it on files1.da (allow 24 hours for rsync to other mirrors)

John

@Mtk: You need to answer "n" (no) to the question "Would you like the default settings ...". Then you will get several more questions about MySQL versions, PHP versions etc. I did, a few months ago when I installed a new server with cb 2.0. But some questions are missing, like "pureftpd or proftpd".
look 2 posts up.

Hello,

Martynas has just added the pure-ftp/proftpd option to the create_options section of CustomBuild 2.0.
I've updated it on files1.da (allow 24 hours for rsync to other mirrors)

John
Thanks!

Back