up2date

rldev

Verified User
How do some of you have up2date setup on your RHE servers? I know DA has a up2date script in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

Usually the files in the scripts directory are only used for the initial setup of a program DA uses. It does not actually run the program, just installs/compiles and configures it for DA ;)

Ah thanks. Which now brings me to the question of setting up up2date to run daily. I thought there might be a how to somewhere on this board.

At least perhaps you can telll me what should not be updated via up2date for DA.

Thanks.

I use WBEL, and we use yum instead of up2date. It works well for us.

I've just finished reading an interview with Matthew Szulik (in Linux Pro magazine). He's the CEO, Chairman and President of RH, and in the interview he made it clear that RHEL comes with support.

So if there's no documentation on how to set up up2date, and if no one else here can help you, I'd suppose it would be a good question for RH support. (After all, the only real difference between RHEL and WBEL is that with RHEL you get RH support.)

Also, according to the article, RHEL support includes supporting other programs, so that fact that you're using a DA configuration shouldn't matter.

Jeff

Back