Transferring a database?

manda

I am trying to transfer a phpbb database from a server I was using with Cpanel, to my server with DirectAdmin . I have downloaded the backup from the Cpanel server, but when I try to upload it to Direct Admin I get an error saying that the database is not mine. This makes sense to me since the last server insisted on the username being the domain while on this server my username is manda.

So the user for the database is something like somekin_phpbb2 rather than manda_phpbb2..

How do I get around this if its possible?

Thank you for any help that can be offered I apologize if this was posted in the wrong area.

how do you upload it?
within DA? phpmyadmin?

did you try importing it from command line?:
go to the dir where you uploaded through ftp your DB
then add with pico/nano this line at the top of the mysqdb where the db has to go to(sqldbname):

pico dbname.sql
Code:
USE sqldbname;
#
# phpBB Backup Script
# Dump of tables for x
# etc etc
save and exit

then import it with this command:
Code:
mysql -u username -ppasswword < dbname.sql
(-ppassword without space)

worx fine for me. DA and phpmyadmin can't handle large db's

Did you backup your mysql database through cpanel? If you did it through their backup feature and tried to restore it through the DA mysql restore, it won't work.

Best way I have found to do it is create your database through DA with a new name (doesn't matter what it is)
Backup all of the data through phpmyadmin on your cpanel server using the export feature in phpmyadmin and then restore them through phpmyadmin or the command line on your DA server into the database you have prepared for it.

As far as I know, only DA backups can be restored using the DA mysql restore function.

Back