How Do i connect and access MYSQL Database use MYSQLFront

Hello,

I'm not too farmiliar with MYSQLFront, but I'll assume that it's a program that connects to your database from an external computer (ie your local machine). To enable this, you have to add an access host to your database so that mysql will aknowledge that machine as being allowed to connect to that database.

To do this, go to: User Panel, MySQL Menu, click the database name, type in the IP of you local computer in the field in the bottom table and click "Add Host". (You must also make sure that your server has port 3306 open externally, but only worry about that if you can't connect)

John

Hello,

Here's how you test if have a firewall blocking you:

From your local machine (not the server), type
Code:
telnet domain.com 3306
it should connect and show you some garbled text... that's how you know the port is open. If it's not open to the outside, then you have a firewall issue (open port 3306). If it IS open, then you havn't correctly setup the access hosts in the MySQL menu.

John

ok. great but ...

great ..

i can access mySQL .. but i haven't Static IP ..

How do i Now ?

i can't always add host ..

Hello,

The mysql access hosts feature allows you to use wildcards, so for example, if you IP always starts with a certain set of numbers, you can specify those, and use % for the numbers that change:

ie:

123.456.%

or if you don't know, just use

%

to allow all ips to the database.

John

Back