Just upgraded to CustomBuild 2.0, where is php-cli?

modem

Verified User
Hey all,

Currently I was doing some much needed maint on my hosting server and I just upgraded to CustomBuild 2.0 per the directions on the sticky thread on here. My first command was ./build and then I went into the options.conf file to read through everything.

My one question is, in my old options.conf file I had the following set:

#PHP settings. default_php possible values - 4 or 5, php5_ver - 5.2 or 5.3
default_php=5
php5_ver=5.3
php4_cli=no
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=yes
php5_cgi=no

However in CB 2.0, there is no option for using php5_cli. What are the proper settings for me in CB 2.0 so I don't fubar my php for everyone?

Thanks!

Just set php1_mode=mod_php and php1_release=5.3, that's the same as php5_cli=yes and php5_ver=5.3 :) Good luck!

Thanks! Also if you don't mind me asking, why is exim and spamassassin set to "no" in the options file. Are they not recommended to install via CustomBuild?

Also I assume I should leave php2_mode=php-fpm? Does any of this get harmed/changed if I upgrade from 5.3 to 5.5?

Thanks! Also if you don't mind me asking, why is exim and spamassassin set to "no" in the options file. Are they not recommended to install via CustomBuild?
Hello,

1) Although the compile reliability has gone up quite a bit over the years, exim can still be one of the more tricky services to compile.
It has dependencies which are not always present (modules, perl modules, etc..).. and due to the way the custombuild script works.. if a compile fails, the entire script aborts.. thus the install would abort.
For these reasons, we leave the exim compile off by default.

The same goes for SpamAssassin... but it's has even more requirements.. which usually requires human interaction to get going (just the huge number of cpan module that it needs).

The guides we have cover most cases.. but the number of exceptions is just too high when it comes to risking aborting the entire install.
Enabling/compiling them after the install is the easy solution.
Once you get them compiled once, then future compiles usually work fine.

2) The php2_mode=php-fpm setting can stay for 5.3 to 5.5. HOwever, a ./build rewrite_confs wouldn't be a bad idea, after you've recompiled php.

John

Also I assume I should leave php2_mode=php-fpm? Does any of this get harmed/changed if I upgrade from 5.3 to 5.5?

If php2_release=no is set, then you will have no 2nd version of PHP installed, if that's the question you wanted to ask :)

Back