Roundcube install problem

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
As part of building a new system Ireplaced mysql's configuration with the one at /usr/share/mysql/my-large.cnf. I started mysql, and decided to rebuild roundcube:
Code:
./build clean
./build update
./build roundcube

I get this error at the bottom:
Code:
Roundcube 0.9.5 has been installed successfully.
Executing database schema update.
Updating database schema (2013011000)... [FAILED]
ERROR: Error in DDL upgrade 2013011000: [1050] Table '`da_roundcube`.`system`' already exists
I get this error when trying to connect to RoundCube through the browser:
Code:
DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
Unable to connect to the database!
Please contact your server-administrator.
I'm guessing there may be an incompatibility in the config file I installed and the original, so I compared the my.cnf file from a working system (same versions, etc.) with a working roundcube. No difference.

Both working and non-working systems have the same version of mysqld, installed through yuym, and the same versions of apache, installed with mod_ruid, installed the same way.

This is critical; all new servers must run roundcube and some clients including me, use roundcube as default imap system.

Any ideas?

Jeff

Seems the upgrade schema is messed up. You could probably just drop the table system and let it recreate it. My table system has no data in it at all.

Thanks, scsi, but I'm a bit confused and I don't know where to begin with your reply...

because...

When I start a custombuild 2.0 build with:
Code:
#./build roundcube
I've got nothing at all at the following locations:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/roundcube*
/var/www/html/roundcube*
/var/lib/mysql/da_roundcube*
So I just don't know where to start.

Am I missing somthing?

Thanks.

Jeff

@scsi,

I finally figured out how to move forward; I used phpmyadmin to log into mysql and selected the da_roundcube database.

The database is there, but there are no tables.

So I'm guessing this is some kind of error in the custombuild scripts, as it appears they're creating an empty database.

Is that correct?

Is there anything reasonable I can do, or must I just wait until it gets fixed?

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Just drop the whole da_roundcube database in phpmyadmin with an SQL command, and then run the ./build roundcube again.
Code:
DROP DATABASE da_roundcube

John

If there are no tables you need to just drop the database like the above post.

Thanks John and @scsi. I did see John's post and get it to work, but I didn't have time to get to the forum to reply. My problem was simple; by deleting the database files in /var/lib/mysql, but not deleting the database itself, what I did each time, in effect (I tried multiple times) was create an empty database. And of course Roundcube doesn't overwrite existing databases.

Thanks to both of you.

Jeff

I use CustomBuild 2 got a problem with RoundCube too

[root@server custombuild]# ./build roundcube
File already exists
MD5 Checksum on roundcubemail-1.1.1.tar.gz passed.
Editing roundcube configuration...

ERROR: [1050] Table 'system' already exists (SQL Query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `system` (
`name` varchar(64) NOT NULL,
`value` mediumtext,
PRIMARY KEY(`name`)
) /*!40000 ENGINE=INNODB */ /*!40101 CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci */)Error 500: Error in DDL upgrade 2013011000: [1050] Table 'system' already exists
Updating database schema (2013011000)... [FAILED]
ERROR: [1146] Table 'da_roundcube.users' doesn't exist (SQL Query: SELECT `user_id` FROM `users` ORDER BY `user_id`)[root@server custombuild]

i did try to delete roundcube folder in /var/lib/mysql. But it did.
How can i connect i delete that table got no idea.
If any one got any solution post it:)
I hate squirrelmail...:)

Back