Dovecot imap problem when accessing inbox on login

scorpzzz

Hello,

I am using dovecot on my FreeBSD machine and I have encountered a problem with it. Yesterday one of my clients mail gone missing, but they're present on the disk. In the error logs I have found this lines:

Jan 2 11:43:48 box dovecot[85917]: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=XXX, lip=XX, mpid=32951, TLS, session=<ZMJkofnupABOnhZf>
Jan 2 11:43:51 box dovecot[85917]: imap([email protected]): Panic: file mail-index-transaction-finish.c: line 187 (mail_index_transaction_get_uid): assertion failed: (rec->uid != 0)
Jan 2 11:43:51 box dovecot[85917]: imap([email protected]): Fatal: master: service(imap): child 32951 killed with signal 6 (core not dumped - set service imap { drop_priv_before_exec=yes })

I have tried to rebuild indexes of the mailbox, but no success. Any help would be appreciated.

This forum is for support of admins using the DirectAdmin control panel, and our installation of Dovecot. From your post it ppears you may not be running DirectAdmin.

But either way, the easiest way to rebuild dovecot indexes is to delete all the dopvecot.index* files in the user's email subdirectories, and let dovecot automatically rebuild them on login.

Jeff

Back