how to restore site

thanks,

ps. i think username start with number not vaild on Directadmin@CentOS

Last edited:
change file name
1xxxx.tar.gz to xxxx.tar.gz

and restore again! simple!
thanks., DA support

I've found that (on CentOS systems) I cannot create new usernames wich start with a leading digit, but from your post I imply that even though I can't create a new user with a leading dit, I can import one. Is that correct?

Jeff

I've found that (on CentOS systems) I cannot create new usernames wich start with a leading digit, but from your post I imply that even though I can't create a new user with a leading dit, I can import one. Is that correct?

I don't know if it is correct, but I would like to point to this feature: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=685

So, if you have a older system with users that have digit in front of user name, and want to backup/transfer the users to a new DA server, then I would first enable that feature before doing backup/transfer to new server. Maybe you knew about that, but it could be useful with that link for other users searching this forum. :)

I'm fairly conservative on live systems and while I've never seen or even seen documented the issue brought up in the link:

Note that we have seen issues were services confuse numerical usernames with user ID numbers, so we still don't advise using this.

I still worry about the possibility. My concern is with automatic systems which create a username for domains beginning with a number.

Jeff

Back