VPN Server issues

tansu

Verified User
Hello all,
As the country i live in going in some tracking regulations and easy-censorship over internet, i decided to use a vpn service to connect to internet at home. I know there are lots of vpn services around, but since i have a couple of vps running i thought i can set a vpn server on one of them. They are centos, directadmin custombuild VPS's.
Could you help me install a vpn server on one them and use it at my home computer without effecting the websites running on the server.
I did a search on forums, but i could not find any information about installing vpn
Best regards

I've moved the thread; on DirectAdmin forums it's off-topic since it has nothing to do with webhosting using DirectAdmin.

Nor does it have anything to do with Custombuild (you put it in the Custombuild forum).

Perhaps in this subforum it'll get you a chance of reply if someone is doing it.

I looked into doing this for a client once and we decided it would be easier for him to just use an available VPN service, so we never finished the research on how to do it.

Jeff

I tried to do this early on when I was playing around with a test VPS..
OpenVPN's community would be the best bet for more information.

I ended up opting for astrill.

Back