Lifetime License On Bad Hard Drive

louie55

Verified User
I am considering a purchase of a DirectAdmin Lifetime license. I have one question though. Let's say that the hard drive with DA on it crashes. (I know you should have backups, but let's just say that I don't) Do we have to buy DA again to install it on a new hard drive? Or if we decide to upgrade our server to bigger hard drives, do we need to purchase DA again? Because if this is the case, I would not be too compelled to purchase your software because we are planning on building a small server for now and then upgrade as the demand grows. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Louie

That shouldn't be an issue.

As for as I know (I'm not official DA-anything :)), you can install/uninstall DA as many times as you like provided your server IP stays the same.

I believe you can even change the IP associated with your license on request.

Phi1.

I can confirm this. As long as your IP doesn't change you can wipe your hard drive as many times as you want.

The only catch is when you switch OS. You'll have to let them know.

Ok, thank you. That makes me feel a lot better. :) Look forward to a purchase in the near future. ;)

Louie

Switching IPs isn't an issue. We generally install servers on one set of IPs and then change them once we put them into the DC :)

Back