Need to rebuild php to run as cgi (details inside)

dranzer

Hello,

I have 2 different VPS from different companies and both of them came installed with directadmin. Now, I have been using one of them for a good amount of time but I just started using the other one. It turns out that they have different settings. The new one is running PHP as apache handler whereas my original one is running PHP as CGI.

There may be a couple of other minor settings as well but I don't know. Basically I want to rebuild this directadmin to be the same as the older one.

2 things which don't work(probably cause of the PHP thing):
- Wordpress updates don't work, it asks for my FTP. In my older server, if I have file permissions as admin then updates work fine without asking for FTP, which is what I want.
- .htaccess file doesn't seem to be working....

Also, just a quick question, rebuilding directadmin doesn't delete users, etc right? I have 2 users and both of them use different IP addresses which I setup a while ago.

Please PM me if you can do the job and how much you would charge. Thanks.

Hello,

The simplest way would be to copy all the settings, i.e. /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/ directory from the one server to another, and then run

Code:
./build update 
./build all d

Just to re-built software with the same configuration as you have it on your first server.

Just before coping make sure to move /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild to /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild.moved on the second server.

Also, just a quick question, rebuilding directadmin doesn't delete users, etc right? I have 2 users and both of them use different IP addresses which I setup a while ago.
Depends on what you mean by 'rebuilding DirectAdmin[/i] Installing DirectAdmin over a new installation will overwrite all the configuration files, so prior users may still be on the server but they likely won't be usable.

But just updting DirectAdmin? No problem.

Jeff

Back