Cannot using Netscape 4.79 to retrieve email ?

garyhui

Verified User
Dear All expert,

My client is using netscape 4.79 mail to retrieve email from our server before

But he is not able to retrieve now. is that the netscape mail not accept "@" sign within the Login name of the account ?

Rgds,
GAry

Hello,

All virtual pop accounts must have the @ in the login name. This is the only way to make username's unique on a server with hundreds of domains. The system email account (same as username to log into DA) doesn't require the @, so perhaps a forwarder to the system account would solve the problem.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
All virtual pop accounts must have the @ in the login name. This is the only way to make username's unique on a server with hundreds of domains.
John, I certainly don't want to negate the account@domain method you use; it should work well for all of us, I did want to point out that there is another way, used by Plesk and perhaps others...

They hash the login name and the password together to make an identifier for the login. The only caveat is two people named john can't have the same password. Kind of elegant, though a bit complex to code.

No, I'm not trying to get you to change; just wanted to point out there's always a way :) .

The system email account (same as username to log into DA) doesn't require the @, so perhaps a forwarder to the system account would solve the problem.
I don't think the @ sign is his problem; it's working fine for me on NS 4.72. I think he's going to find there's some other problem.

Jeff

Back