Allowing one user to access multiple databases

intelliot

Verified User
In CPanel there is something called "add user to database."

I want one database user (one login/pass) to be able to access more than one MySQL database.

How do I do this in DirectAdmin?

If I try adding a user, it says the user already exists (and doesn't work). Of course the user does already exist - I want to allow the user access to both databases.

Thanks!

I don't believe DA has that feature. If the two databases were created by the same user. Of course if the databases were created after that, then I would use phpMyAdmin to do add the database to the user. You need to:
1) login as da_admin with the MySql password that was created during setup
2) click on Privileges
3) click Edit for the user you are adding the database to
4) go down to Database-specific privileges and in the "Add privileges on the following database" drop down, select the database to add.
5) step 4 should have brought you to a new page where you can select all the permissions you want this user to have for this database, I belive DA selects all the Data and Structure permissions.

Nope - I ended up using the same user/pass with a different table prefix. This effectively "solved" my problem.

maybe that can be writed down as a feature request? ;)

i had to manually login to the mysql server twice to set one user to two databases for my customers...

Back