How to limit smtp to just my IP

DA-Rff

Verified User
I have one server, which is only accessed from one IP

Last week my server was compromised due to heartbleed resulting in massive email sending over my server.

Managed to fix that, plus heartbleed, but now I would like to know how to limit the sending of mails that need to be sent on from my server to only my IP.

IPFW rule for port 25 is not the solution, I did block port 587 in ipfw so it only accepts from my IP.

Is it possible to limit the pophost just to my IP in exim.conf?

thanks!

See my reply to your other thread on the subject of Heartbleed causing your email to be hacked; it's a dangerous assumption.

You can probably limit incoming SMTP to work only from a specific ip by custom code in exim.pl. Perhaps by a custom setting in exim.conf, but I'm not sure and if no one else replies you can do the research as easily as I :).

I'm not sure why limiting part 587 wouldn't work as you shouldn't be able to relay email through port 25.

Jeff

I'm not sure why limiting part 587 wouldn't work as you shouldn't be able to relay email through port 25.

Thanks Jeff, closed 587 to all IP's but mine, did not know 25 is not open for relay, so that could well fix it then. Also changed passwords, the one question I had was how the password was cracked, the only thing I could think of was heartbleed, but maybe not.

Anyways all is stable again.

Back