nasty default index.html bug :) and a suggestion

sHuKKo

Verified User
Hi

I created a nice looking welcome to your new site default index.html for my admin user created new sites.
I Included help links and some logos of my company etc.
and put this default index to
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/default/index.html

But whenever there is a skins update for DA direct admin keeps on writing its own welcome page to
/usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/default/index.html

so everytime I have to create this document again and again :)

But for resellers they have got their default index.html in their
/home/reseller/domains/default/index.html

What I suggest is to take the default index for admin created users from
/home/admin/domains/default/index.html

so that I don't have to worry for my default index.html file again :)

Thanks..

Hello,

Admins *are* Reseller's so you should be able to put the index.html into your /home/admin/domains/default (you might have to create "default" if the admin was created before the feature). The only reason I could see changing the way we do it is by creating a custom directory for "..../templates/default". It's current functionality isn't a bug, it acts the same way as all other templates.

John

Hi,

I upload a own startup page at: /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/default/ but I get the default page.

I remove the index.html and replace it for a index.php

Hello,

Note that /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/default will be overwritten each update, in other words, the index.html will be added *each* time there is an update, so you can really rely on that folder to show what you want. It's main purpose is just to provide something to copy when a Reseller (or Admin) is created to *their* default directory:

/home/username/domains/default

This is where all your modifications should go. If the "default" directory doesn't exist in your account, just create it and all files you want, and it will be used for all new user creation from that Reseller (or Admin) account.

John

Back