Control Panel Language

akira

Verified User
It's the DirectAdmin Control Panel in English.
Will it be changed the Japanese language ?

Yes, it is english.

I believe a language system has been partially implemented althout a lot of stuff is still hard coded into DA.

When will a Japanese translation be made? Most likely when somone who speaks both english and Japanese gets around to translating everything and making the language pack.

Just to add a bit...

There are some parts of DA (dynamically created messages mostly) that are hardcoded. So a rewrite of DA would be necessary before everything could be translated. I don't believe this is a high priority, but checking with the sales team would probably be a good idea.

and...

For the benefit of anyone who doesn't already know this, Japanese, and a few other languages, are coded completely differently, requiring two bytes for each character rather than one. While the latest versions of perl, php and mysql support this, I'm not sure if DA supports it fully or not.

Jeff

Wow someone has translated DA to Japanese and there is still no Spanish translation from anyone :) I would love to say you did a great job, but I don't know Japanese :) It is great that you have done this. Do you plan on making this available to DA? Perhaps they will include it with future DAs. Do you plan on keeping this updated?

yes if DA request it i will surely make it available and yes i keep it updated

Thanks

Past , I did sended inquiries to DirectAdmin Support about it.

reply :

Unfortunately we do not have a Japanese language pack available. Customers can write one if they wish (change the look of the skins) but that does require some work.

I want to wait to be updated DA.

A japanese interface would be nice I agree so that makes at least 3 of us then ;-)

Back