Tally not working?

Jing

Verified User
Hello.
For the past few days, the statistics on the server has not been updated. I am not quite sure about the data on bandwidth and diskspace etc, but Webalizer has definitely not been updating.

I tried doing a "echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue" and it still does not update all the domains. However, "echo 'action=tally&value=<user>&type=user' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue" does work.

I am not so sure what could be affecting this, and would appreciate any suggestions of the cause of the errors.

Might want to contact DirectAdmin Email support with this issue.

These forums are not an official DA support venue. :)

Cheers, Phi1.

Did you try recompiling everything?
(you probabaly should have gotten by searching for webalizer problems ;) )

cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
./build clean
rm -f configure.*
./build update
./build all

And be sure to say yes when it asks to recompile programs that already exist, especially GD.

okay, it didn' work after the re-compilation. :/

I did some search on the board, and found another thread that has similar problems that I have, but the bug is supposed to be fixed. so I am not sure if this is the same error or not. Anyway, here is what I get following some instructions over this thread http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2569&highlight=webalizer

ferrari# echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
ferrari# ./dataskq d
In debug mode
root priv set: uid:0 gid:0 euid:0 egid:0
pidfile written
staring queue
done queue
ferrari# echo 'action=tally&value=imgup&type=user' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
ferrari# ./dataskq d
In debug mode
root priv set: uid:0 gid:0 euid:0 egid:0
pidfile written
staring queue
tallying imgup
done tallying imgup
done queue
ferrari# [Mon Oct 4 04:47:28 2004] [warn] module perl_module is already loaded, skipping
[Mon Oct 4 04:47:28 2004] [warn] NameVirtualHost 64.191.79.198:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Mon Oct 4 04:47:28 2004] [warn] NameVirtualHost 64.191.79.198:443 has no VirtualHosts
[Mon Oct 4 04:47:28 2004] [warn] NameVirtualHost 64.191.79.199:80 has no VirtualHosts
[Mon Oct 4 04:47:28 2004] [warn] NameVirtualHost 64.191.79.199:443 has no VirtualHosts

ferrari#

I notice that for the "value=all" tally, it didn't say "tallying <user>", is that normal? Because when I run tally in "value=all", it doesn't update the stats, but when I run the tally for "value=<user>" it will.

Can someone please shed some light please?

Hello,

I've got a hunch that you're missing your resellers in your resellers.list file.

type:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/users
grep "usertype=reseller" */user.conf

to get a list of the resellers.

Then edit:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/reseller.list

and make sure that they are all in that file. If not, add them. There has recently been a bug found where adding an admin will empty that file (creates an new empty file, which is not correct), thus preventing the tally for his users because DA tallies with a tree pattern, starting with each reseller in that list.

John

thanks john. I did it your way, and ran a tally for all users, it seems to be updating the stats correctly. Now I just have to wait for the daily tally cron to execute and see if it is perfect. :D

I added a new admin before this, so I guess I had the bug.

thanks again!

Back