ETA Centos 7 official support by Directadmin?

chronic

Verified User
Does anyone have any idea when centos 7 will come out of beta and will be officially supported by directadmin?

Thanks

Hello,

According to posts on these forums you may install Directadmin on CentOS 7 already.

It's been in beta for a while, and we're just about ready to change it to be stable release.
Had a few bumps with regards to converting all boot scripts over to systemd, as it has it's share of quirks that we had to learn.
I've just listed CentOS 7 64-bit BETA on the /install.html page, which should give us the final testing push needed to get it labeled "stable".
We can then pump out the 32-bit version in a short period, as it would essentially be the same as the 64-bit version.

John

I'd already tryed several installes on CentOS 7 for tests and everything is going pretty good if may be useful to someone to know :)

Regards

Thanks for the feedback. I'll change CentOS 7 64-bit to "stable".

Is there any demand for 32-bit?

John

I've been running several production servers with CentOS 7 for some time now, I haven't had any major issues so far. Also I don't think there would be any demand for 32-bit CentOS 7 even if it existed.

I just noticed that there is a little mistake in the license page, it now says "CentOS 7 64-bit)" instead of "CentOS 7 64-bit".

I haven't had any major issues so far.
I haven't tried DirectAdmin on CentOS 7 yet, but likely will do before the end of January. The main issues I've found are that the default installs seem to include even less of the programs I've grown to expect, yum repositories include even less as well, and the new startup/shutdown system is just a bit more to understand :).

But I'm already using CentOS 7 on some slave nameserver tests, and it seems to work fine.

Jeff

I've noticed this. I get a lot of "script not found" when using DA interface. You'd think I'd learn after the first few times.

Make sure that OS in your license of DA is set to CentOS 7.0, otherwise it might be checking /etc/init.d for start/stop scripts on your system.

Make sure that OS in your license of DA is set to CentOS 7.0, otherwise it might be checking /etc/init.d for start/stop scripts on your system.

wow.. It appeared to know which OS it was going to be installed on during the first step of the install..

Am I going to have to reinstall DA if what you say is true?

Last edited:
Back