Info: How to change user names / password

scooby103

Hello;

I am reselling a few accounts and have a quick, and likely easy question.

When I first setup the account for the client I gave them a user name and password.

Where do I find this information under the reseller tab, should they forget there user name. I understand for password, I will just reset it.

Thanks in advance;

I'm sure it is a easy answer.

S.

At this time there is no way to change usernames, although this feature has been suggested and there is a thread located in the Feature Request forum.

Under the reseller level click on the 'List Users' Link. On the top of the page right before it lists all the users there is a link named 'Change A Users Password' that is the page you want. Just enter the username and new password then you can email the user his reset password.

fyi - A password reset system has also been suggested and the thread can be found in the Feedback/Feature Request forum.

Hi;

Again, thanks for the info. How do I know a customers User Name though. This will only work if I know their user name.

Regards, and thanks again.

S.

If you're the server admin and can log in through the shell, try this:

# locate example.com | grep /home

where example.com should be replaced by the domain name in question.

After the system scrolls through all the files matching your grep, you'll see a last line something like this:

/home/username/mail/example.com

and voila, you've got the username :) .

Jeff

Back