strange exim error

freakie

Verified User
Does anyone nog what this means?

2014-10-29 10:53:52 H=xxx-xxx-xx-xx.tele.net (xxxxxx.nl) [xxx.xxx.xx.xx] temporarily rejected EHLO or HELO nathies.nl: invalid "condition" value "yes # only for non-authenticated"

im using spamblocker 4.2.3 and exim.pl version 19 on a centos 64 bit version 5.11

Google doesn't. My original SpamBlocker 4.2.3 exim.conf files don't have this text message. If you're using DirectAdmin's version of the file then check your exim.conf and any includes to see if it code which might log this message; look for it in:
Code:
acl_check_helo
If you can't find it there, or if you're using my file, search for similar code in exim.pl. Note you'll need to use partial seaches as much of what you're seeing is the result of variables being expanded.

Jeff

I was getting those, until I removed the comments "# only for non-authenticated" from lines 203, 208 and 213, once I did that those errors went away.

And Jeff, those lines are part of your exim.conf-SpamBlockerTechnology-v4.2.3.txt file.

I don't think you can have comments denoted with a # unless it is at the start of a line, here is some notes from http://www.exim.org/exim-html-curre.../ch-the_exim_run_time_configuration_file.html

Blank lines in the file, and lines starting with a # character (ignoring leading white space) are treated as comments and are ignored. Note: A # character other than at the beginning of a line is not treated specially, and does not introduce a comment.

Last edited:
You're probably right, but I've never previously had any complaints.

I'll pull the comments.

Jeff

Back