How to build nginx as reverse proxy with custombuild 1.2

lowhigh

Verified User
Hi everybody!

I follow this guide http://jybb.me/directadmin-with-nginx-frontend to build nginx as reverse proxy, i'm using custombuild 1.2
I understand custombuild 2.0 has included this option but i cannot upgrade to custombuild 2.0
So now, i don't understand 3 actions that the guide recommend

1. i don't make any change to all the virtual_host.conf, because i think it only for Apache 1, i only modify the virtual_host2.conf. Is this right?

2. At this step
sed -i "s# |MULTI_IP|##g" /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/virtual_host2.conf
Why to delete multi_ip?

3. At this step
sed -i "s/CustomLog/#CustomLog/g" /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/virtual_host2.conf
Why comment the Apache log, i think the webalizer will not have the data to analysis, so i still not do like that, i leave it without any change

So, anybody who have experiences can explain me some troubles above?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

Why don't you ask an author of the guide? I don't think it's good idea to ask us about thoughts of the guy who wrote it.
When performing manual installation of NGINX my way I don't have such steps.

And if the 3rd is more or less clear for me (disabling access logs in apache), then it's odd for me to follow the 2nd point from your post.

Hi zEitEr !

Thanks for your reply, but i actually don't know who is the author of this guide that i collect from the internet
Have you ever manually install Nginx as proxy server? Could you shared your modification?
This is the first time i do it, so there are some troubles that i concern and im very grateful anyone can explain me more clear about that.
Hello,

Why don't you ask an author of the guide? I don't think it's good idea to ask us about thoughts of the guy who wrote it.
When performing manual installation of NGINX my way I don't have such steps.

And if the 3rd is more or less clear for me (disabling access logs in apache), then it's odd for me to follow the 2nd point from your post.

Just wondering, why can't you upgrade to CB 2.0? Doing a reverse proxy manually sounds like more work than any difference between CB 1.2 and 2.0.

Hi Arieh!
The reason is i need use CB 1.2 wwith PHP 5.3, i think CB 2.0 only support PHP 5.4 and above
Just wondering, why can't you upgrade to CB 2.0? Doing a reverse proxy manually sounds like more work than any difference between CB 1.2 and 2.0.

No, though it's not a secret. I've seen enough good guides in Internet. So I don't know why you use that one.
Please share some guides that you think it is the best!

With that guide above, i can use it like a charm but i only don't know is there any hidden hazards?

Thanks!

Please share some guides that you think it is the best!

With that guide above, i can use it like a charm but i only don't know is there any hidden hazards?

This one http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=49438
Please use Google to find other guides.

And how it was already mentioned CB 2.0 supports PHP 5.3 and higher. With a little customization you might have all of the PHP versions: 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 with CB 2.0. I have recently installed such a combination for a client.

Back