How to add options to DA forms?

glarkin

Verified User
Hi there,

We are in the midst of developing a new web application that we plan to deploy to our web hosting clients who use DA to manage their accounts. Ideally, when we create new hosting accounts, we want to use a user package that has an extra checkbox option on it that determines whether the web app should be enabled or not.

I am looking at the file "/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/default/reseller/create_customized_user.html" and wondering if it's as easy as adding another form element to it? For instance, if I add some HTML code to implement another checkbox that can be enabled/disabled, would that work?

Assuming the checkbox can be added, is there a way for me to hook into DA as it processes the form contents? I would like to be able to run some scripts on the machine to create a MySQL database for the user, install some files into their public_html directory and do some other things to set up the web application for the user.

I looked at the "/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh" script as a way to do this, but it's not clear to me that the value of my checkbox on the modified form will ever find its way anywhere that I can process it.

If anyone has any suggestions about how to do this, please let me know.

Regards,
Greg Larkin

I'm not sure about your method but you can sure try it out.

Personally I would just create a script that would use the DirectAdmin API. That way I would be able to control all aspects of the form.

Back