Server switch

l0rdphi1

Verified User
I'm going to be performing a server switch in a day or two (due to elements I cannot control), and I need to know the best way to go about moving my DA install over to the new server.

I know the following will need copied over:
/usr/local/directadmin/data
/home
/var/lib/mysql
/var/named (I think)

But what else?

Also, the best way to physically move the files would be to gzip the directories and simply wget them to the new server and ungip, correct?

Phi1.

Hello,

A while back I made paths.html... don't think it's linked from anywhere, but is very useful for this type of thing :)

It contains the paths to everything that DA uses.

http://www.directadmin.com/paths.html

The only thing you'll have to watch out for is the permissions and file ownership... make sure you tar is so that is saves that data, and then you'll also want to include the /etc/passwd and /etc/group so that they have a username associated with their user id, and so that they have a password and can log in... but be very careful with that.. you might want to do the passwd and group files manually... as messing those up might prevent the server from booting.

John

Okay, thanks. I think I am going to create all the accounts manually and then just copy the old data over. Shouldn't be too hard.

Phi1.

Back