wd4u

Verified User
hello i have problem

Subject: An error occurred during the restore. Today at 02:07
You don't have permission to restore user username

this is whit al username

pls help me

I am getting this too :(.

I have 2 RH9 boxes, on the "old" box I have a reseller account, I backed up all accounts for the reseller. On the new box I want everything under Admin, I log into DA as Admin and go to the Reseller Panel and then to Manage User Backups and select a couple of acounts to restore.

With every account I get the message "You don't have permission to restore user *****" where ***** is the username.

DA Staff can you give us a solution please.

Kind Regards,
Onno Vrijburg

nieuwhier,

Please give us some more details.

Are you restoring to a different username, or to the same username?

On a different server or to the same server?

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I made a reseller backup on server A. Then deleted the account on Server A.

Then I moved the backup file tot server B and started a restore on that server. I've tried several things but no lock.

I just started a restore on server A again.

In that backup there is a map with I think about 20.000 files. Perhaps thats the bottleneck ?

Regards,
Michell.

Did you create the reseller on the new server before restoring the backup?

We always do that.

Jeff

It's de default reseller admin. And the server is not new, about 150 users are already on that machine.

I also made a backup of a user on that machine and restored it. That worked. Than I deleted that account and tried to restore but it failed, or better to say it died because I did not get a notification of it.

After that I rebooted the machine and tried it again: You don't have permission to restore user .... it says. The user without any domain is restored. Than I deleted the user again and try to restore again.

That failed, the restore proces died because I did not get a message.

So my conclusion is that restoring any account on that server does not work. I have checked the logfiles but nothing in there...

I tried creating the user manually and that also did not work, segmentation fault.

I had that error before on another server. This was the
Solution then.

And it was the same problem now. Restoring the test account does work now. I will try the large account later this day(1.2GB) but I guess this works now also.

I updated some servers a week ago with the all-in-once script All-in-once-script and of course also openssl was updated.

I suspect others should also have problems with this after updating openssl ?

I restored the original account now and that was succesful.

So the problem was the wrong version of openssl.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I appear to be having the same issue.

Everything backed up from A transferred to B fine, except 1 user (the largest of which is 6GB) which it did nothing the first time when trying to import.

I Tried a second time and got:
You don't have permission to restore user xxxxxxxxx

If it's the wrong version of openssl, what do you guys/gals suggest?

All fixed.

Transferred the backup to the local machine and got it that way.

It must have been to big, and DirectAdmin chucked a fit.

Back